South Loop Supporting change
“Community” is about more than just the relationships within our gym.
We are actively involved in initatives supporting our local neighborhoods.
WHAT IS "SOUTH LOOP SUPPORTING CHANGE"?
“South Loop Supporting Change” is our public commitment to improve our local communities through fitness, coaching, and nutrition.
Expert guidance has a profound capacity to change lives, but this coaching is often walled off from the people who would benefit the most. We invest our time in organizations that bring coaching to groups who may not otherwise have access.
We also donate our time to organizations working in local Chicago communities.
south loop supporting change in action in our local communities
Our members and staff donate their time to causes helping local communities
We’ve worked with several local organizations to participate in food drives with the Travis Manion Foundation and builds in our local communities with Habitat for Humanity Chicago.
Our staff works with organizations that leverage our expertise to help at-risk youth
We run weekly classes for youth with New Life Centers. We’ve also partnered with several local schools in the Noble Network as well as the Big Shoulders Fund to provide fitness instruction for our communities.
we host regular fundraisers for local organizations
We regularly organize events that raise funds for an organization that we believe in. In the past, we’ve worked with OUTWOD, the Travis Manion Foundation, and the Autism Tree Project Foundation.
Donate to Drop In
We Run donation drives on Saturdays throughout the year.
We waive our normal drop-in fees, and instead ask people to bring in clothing and personal care items that are in high demand with our partner organizations The Night Ministry and Cradles to Crayons.
- Winter Coats (size newborn to adult medium)
- Hats, scarves and gloves/mittens
- Winter boots (up to adult size 10)
- Winter long sleeved shirts, sweaters, etc (size 2T to adult medium)
- No rips, tears, or stains
- No family/religious references
- Only Chicago professional sports teams are allowed – Chicago Cubs, White Sox, Chicago Bears, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Fire, Blackhawks, Chicago Sky
- No high schools, career academies (Major Colleges & Universities are OK)
- No items from a specific event – Hot Chocolate 5k, Boston marathon, YMCA camp shirts, etc
- Double check the text is “child appropriate”
Reach Out to find out about our next volunteer opportunity
Email us at email@example.com if you’d like to participate in our next volunteer opportunity or fundraiser or if you’re part of an organization looking to partner with us.